Robert J. Fowler (Rob)
Chief Domain Scientist, High Performance Computing
(919) 445-9670 (voice)
(919) 445-9669 (FAX) (mobile)
(919) 445-9640 (Receptionist)
rjf at renci.org
Rob Fowler directs RENCI's high performance computing research
projects, including efforts to analyze the effectiveness of high-end
systems in serving the needs of scientists and to develop software
tools that enhance the performance of grid-enabled
[Rob's RENCI home page] has an up-to-date list. (Open in a new, resizable window!)
Very Abbreviated CV
- Harvard College, Physics, A.B. (cum laude), 1971.
- University of Washington, Computer Science, M.S, 1981.
- University of Washington, Computer Science, Ph.D. 1985.
- Chief Domain Scientist, High Performance Computing, Renaissance Computing Institute, University of North Carolina, June 2006- present (prev. Director of HPC Research).
- Adjunct Professor of Computer Science, University of North Carolina, Sept 2006-present. Adjunct Professor of Computer Science, Duke University, Nov. 2006-present. Adjunct Associate Professor of Computer Science, Nov 2006-present.
- Senior Research Scientist, Associate Director of the Center for High Performance Software Research, Rice University, July 2002-June2006.
- Research Scientist, Rice University, September 1996-June 2002.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Rice University, January 1985-August 1996.
- Visiting Associate Professor, DIKU, University of Copenhagen, August 1993-December 1994.
- Assistant Professor, University of Rochester, September 1986-June 1973.
- Acting Assistant Professor, University of Washington, September 19 85-June 1986.
[Rob's publications page.] (Open in a new, resizable window!)
This publications page includes abstracte, ready-to-use BibTeX entries, and links to
paper downloadable files when copyright restrictions allow them, and links to
publisher sites otherwise.
: [Rob's research Web page at RENCI] (Open in a new, resizable window!)